We Are Here To Serve You
Mentor Freight Services, based in South Africa, founded in 1994 as a licensed International Freight Forwarding and Clearing Agent, focusing exclusively on our expertise in the movement of air freight & ocean freight worldwide.
Our operation is situated centrally to all Johannesburg customs offices and O.R. Tambo International Airport, making our operation an ideal point for all cargo handling countrywide.
Internationally recognised agents throughout the world, further represent Mentor Freight Services ensuring a reliable global network.
Locally we are members of SAAFF (South African Association of Freight Forwarders), and we are guided by their standard trading terms as adopted by Mentor Freight Services.
What We Do
- Freight Forwarding both to and from South Africa / worldwide.
- Customs Clearing Agents for both import and export procedures and fully accredited by SA customs and excise.
- Interpretation of South African customs rules and regulations, and submission of documentation requirements in accordance with procedures, customs act and other allied legislation.
- Advice on air and ocean freight logistics, routings and rates utilising multiple cargo airlines, ocean lines and groupage LCL operators, and rail and road operators.
- Valuable cargo handling
- Abnormal cargo handling
- Live Animals
- Human Remains
- Dangerous goods handling and specialised packing
- General crating and packing
- Packing of ocean containers
- Cargo warehousing and re-distribution
- Project cargo
- Local collection and delivery of cargo
- Marine insurance
- Assistance to client’s regarding customs & excise tariffs, letter of credits, inco terms and various other shipping terms & regulations.
Our Mission Statement
As an International Freight Forwarding & Clearing Company, our aim is to provide a superior & comprehensive freight service cost effectively, with a highly dependable & efficient network, ensuring mutual long-term growth with our clients.